- 1 1/2 Cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup flour
- 6 TBS cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 TBS milk
- 1/8 Tsp chille powder
- 1/8 Tsp paprika
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) Mix cheese, flour, butter, salt and spices together until combined into a coarse meal. Add milk and mix together to form dough. This can be done in a mixer, food processor or with your hands. I prefer hands! Add slightly more milk if necessary.
3) Separate dough into four balls. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to 1/8 of an inch thick. If you're feeling fancy, use your favorite small cookie cutters to make shaped crackers. Alternatively you can cut them in a grid like fashion for square crackers (1 in x 1 in). Or cut them into strips 1/2 inch wide by 4 inches long.
4) Bake on ungreased cookie sheets with a 1/4 inch between crackers for 15 minutes or until they begin to turn golden. Cool on baking sheets. Store in a covered container.
- Sprinkle the top of the crackers liberally with parmesan cheese
- Add more chili powder for a little kick
- Garlic lovers might appreciate garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- Add Italian seasoning for a different flavor
- Experiment with different types of cheese
Shared on Tasty Tuesday!